Representing San Gabriel Valley Municipal Water District
(Term Ends January 1, 2021)
PERSONAL: Mark was born, raised and lives in Alhambra. He graduated from Fremont Elementary School, Alhambra High School and Rio Hondo Junior College. He’s been married to Susan for 28 years, and she is a teacher at Granada Elementary School. They have two sons, Christopher, who is a graduate of Alhambra High School and Boston University, and is now attending Pepperdine University; and Timothy, a senior at Alhambra High School.
PROFESSIONAL: Mark is a senior Sales Associate with Anthony Venti Realtors.
- Past President of East Alhambra Little League
- Past President of Alhambra Downtown Business District
- Founding President of the Alhambra Tournament of Roses Association
- Past President of the Alhambra Chamber of Commerce
- Past President of the Alhambra Parks & Recreation Commission
- Past President of the Alhambra Planning Commission
- Founding Past President of the Alhambra Educational Foundation
- Past President of the Rotary Club of Alhambra
- Past President of the Independent Cities Association
- Governing Board Member of Alhambra Hospital Medical Center
- Pasadena Tournament of Roses
- Elected to the Alhambra City Council in 1994, re-elected in 1998 and 2002. Served four terms as Mayor. Termed out of office December 1, 2006.
- Elected to the San Gabriel Valley Municipal Water District as a Director on January 8, 2007.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Recipient of the Alhambra Chamber of Commerce Distinguished Citizen Award for 2002
- Recipient of the Alhambra High School PTA Honorary Service Award – 2007
- Recipient of the Service To Education Award by the Alhambra Educational Foundation 2007